Fulltime – Based in Israel or in The Netherlands (Breda area)
Hazera is looking for a new Head of Seed Production.
Core purpose of this position:
- Manage Production of seeds according to Business Unit (BU) planning demands; at quantity & quality requested; provide on time delivery and purchase with economical cost.
- Steer production strategy in line with Limagrain Vegetable Seeds (LVS) and BU strategy.
- Build up production capabilities and professional excellence, according to the production strategy.
- Lead worldwide commercial seed production activity via the growers network, professional vendors and via LVS sister companies.
- Lead production activities for R&D, pre-commercial and stock seeds in house at the NPI facilities (Brurim IL and Ethiopia in the future).
- Lead production BU internal interfaces and foster collaboration with the supply chain operating activities: Demand-Supply Planning, Logistics (CS), Processing, QC, Breeding, etc.
- Contribute to Limagrain Vegetable Seeds production forum and build collaboration with sister companies.
Position & Hierarchy:
- Member of the BU Management Team, reporting to the Deputy CEO.
- Member of the LVS production forum.
- Member of Limagrain Executives forum (Dome 2000)
- Participate in seasonal production planning meetings; make sure that plans match budget target & capabilities.
- Lead & steer the BU seed production program (yearly & seasonal for the entire company portfolio) as planned by crop supply teams. Supervise and approve the production plan of the department managers.
- Build up the production yearly work plan; fine tune and approve the departments goals/challenges/expected outputs.
- Supervise and monitor the overall production activities; leading a team of managers towards satisfactory performance while conducting simultaneous ongoing control of critical activities/stages and steer troubleshoot efforts whenever needed along the seed production process.
- Lead and supervise internal and external production interfaces.
- Direct manager of production plant pathology and seed production research.
- In charge of the the division’s budget; monitor and control the production OPEX, CAPEX & Staff budget execution; BU seed purchase and payment to vendors.
- Set guidelines for price & terms when contacting seed suppliers (vendors); supervise and support team managers negotiating successfully the contracts with core vendors/growers.
- Supervise production QA; own major NC’s and set corrective measures to improve performance; steering yearly/seasonal evaluation meetings internally (production management team) and externally (core suppliers = growers or seed production companies).
- Production Department Managers (Direct reports – 7 persons)
- Production Content Specialists (Direct reports – 2 persons).
- Production division employees (85 FTE’s in total).
- Seed Purchase Budget of 30-35 M€ a year.
- Production Expenses Budget of 10-15M€ a year.
- A leader – capable to lead team in a complex internal and external business environment.
- A manager – capable to manage team of managers and content specialists (diverse personalities & domains).
- A professional – knowledge & experience in agriculture; especially in seed industry / seed production.
- Has past experience in managing agricultural oriented business (seed production is an advantage).
- Has ability to plan and control complex operation activity; analyze data; cooperative; communicative; capable and willing to work intensively during peak time (including frequent traveling abroad).
- Has experience in leading multi-national teams and in remote management.
- Has know-how of using software such as Microsoft office; ERP (JDE and/or Oracle is an advantage); BI (QlickView is an advantage).
- Languages: Hebrew and/or Dutch – mother tongue; English – very well; French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- B.Sc. degree in agronomy or life sciences;
- M.Sc. and/or PhD. in life sciences and/or business administration is an advantage.
Working at Hazera means contributing in a professional way to the growth of our business, in an informal, international environment. We are customer and market oriented and teamwork is important. Other characteristics of our organization are openness, flexibility and orientation on results. We focus on employee development with consideration and respect for individual needs. That’s why it’s nice to work at Hazera!
If you are enthusiastic to join a growing organization, please send us as soon as possible a letter of motivation and a detailed resume, preferably by e-mail email@example.com or the form on the right side of this page.
For more information please contact Susan Nagtzaam – Hector, firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 162 690 962