Fulltime – Rilland (NL)
This job advert is only available in English.
As Leek Breeder you are responsible for both line and hybrid development in leek. You will have close interaction with the local breeding, research and operational team and frequent interaction with the Hazera product development, marketing, commercial and production departments. Functional relationships extend into the Limagrain Vegetable Seed division. You will report to the Breeding Director Allium and are based at our breeding facilities in Rilland, the Netherlands.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, management and support to the local breeding team.
- Translate the crop R&D strategy into approved product-oriented breeding projects and operational plans. Actively steer on delivering leading hybrids, while monitoring and reporting on the progress.
- Manage all components of a successful commercial breeding program. This includes management of germplasm, elite line development, hybrid development and trial evaluation.
- Manage and provide foundation material for a successful commercial seed production.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the crop, products, and customers by liaising with marketing and sales.
- Optimize breeding success by implementation and integration of state-of-the-art breeding technologies.
- Travel to relevant markets for trial and product evaluation. Ensure objectivity and reliability, sound data processing, and fact based decision making.
- MSc in Plant Breeding, Genetics, or related field, or equivalent by working experience.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Practical knowledge of statistics, experimental design and newest breeding technologies.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills, with an eye for details.
- Proficient in English and Dutch.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a team player.
- A multilateral position, operating in an international environment.
- A collegial environment where initiative is appreciated.
- A position with a competitive remuneration.
If you are enthusiastic to join a growing organization, please send us as soon as possible a letter of motivation and a detailed resume, preferably by e-mail: email@example.com or fill out the form on the right side of this page.
For more information please contact Susan Nagtzaam – Hector, firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 162 690 962