Fulltime – Rilland (NL)
In this position you are responsible for the research programs on genetic resources and new trait discovery in Alliums, aiming at making new Allium traits and technologies available for our global breeding programs. You are part of and interact closely with a multidisciplinary, international team of researchers, with different disciplines. As a Project Lead Allium Pre-breeding, you are asked to combine project management skills with practical plant breeding activities. In this position, you are up to date of public advancements in Allium by staying in close contact with international research groups, interact in national and international projects and are proactive in applying this in internal (pre)breeding programs.
The position of PL Allium pre-breeding is based at the Allium R&D Station of Hazera in Rilland, The Netherlands. Additionally, close interaction with researchers in Hazera and within the Limagrain Vegetable Seeds (LVS) division, which requires frequent travelling to LVS sites. You report to the Head of Breeding Technology Allium & Crucifers of Hazera.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Initiate, lead and execute multidisciplinary research projects aimed at trait identification and innovating the breeding processes with regard to trait evaluation;
- Collect, maintain and characterize genetic resources;
- Strengthen the knowledge base of the company within the field of Allium genetic resources, and expand our freedom-to-operate and intellectual property position;
- Provide direct and functional leadership to individuals and teams;
- Maintain, build and leverage internal and external networks to support delivery of business goals.
- MSc in plant Breeding, Genetics or related fields within the Life Sciences;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to multitask;
- Working experience in or with the (seed) industry;
- Experience in breeding is required, Allium specific is desirable;
- Excellent command of the English language.
Working for us means contributing in a professional way to the growth of our business, in an informal, international environment. We are customer and market oriented and teamwork is important. Other characteristics of our organization are openness, flexibility and orientation on results. We focus on employee development with consideration and respect for individual needs.
If you are enthusiastic to join a growing organization, please send us a letter of motivation and a detailed resume, preferably by e-mail (email@example.com) or through the form on the side of this page.
For more information please contact Susan Nagtzaam – Hector, firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 162 690 962