As Onion Breeder you are responsible for line and hybrid development, for a breeding program targeted at one of the global onion markets. You will have close interaction with the local operational team, product development and the marketing, commercial and production departments. Functional relationships extend into our mother company Limagrain's Vegetable Seed division. You will report to the Breeding Director Allium and are based at our breeding facilities near Bergen op Zoom, the Netherlands.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, management and support to the local breeding team.
- Translate the crop R&D strategy into approved product-oriented breeding projects and operational plans. Actively steer on delivering leading hybrids, monitor and report on progress.
- Manage all components of a successful commercial breeding program. This includes management of germplasm, elite line development, hybrid development and evaluation, and elite seed production.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the crop, products and customers by liaising with marketing and sales.
- Optimize breeding success by implementation and integration of state of the art breeding technologies.
- Travel to relevant markets for trial and product evaluation. Ensure objectivity and reliability, sound data processing and fact based decision making.
- Organize and maintain documents, files and records including CRM.
- PhD or MSc in Plant Breeding, Genetics, or related field, or equivalent by working experience.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- Strong interest and background in molecular breeding techniques, database, and breeding support applications.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills and eyes for details.
- Proficient in English, basic level of Dutch is a plus.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a team player.
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, frequently.
- A multilateral position, operating in an international environment.
- A collegial environment where initiative is appreciated.
- A position with a competitive remuneration.
Working at Hazera means contributing in a professional way to the growth of our business, in an informal, international environment. We are customer and market oriented and teamwork is important. Other characteristics of our organization are openness, flexibility and orientation on results. We focus on employee development with consideration and respect for individual needs. That’s why it's nice to work at Hazera!
If you are enthusiastic to join a growing organization, please send us as soon as possible a letter of motivation and a detailed resume, preferably by e-mail or through the form hereunder. Or send an e-mail: email@example.com
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.